This course aims to establish students’ basic Chinese cultural ” common sense “, including knowing the classification methods of ancient Chinese books that are still used in international databases, and the wisdom of Confucian classics. The teaching method mainly adopts the method of questioning, allowing students to gradually form problem awareness during the course of teaching, try to ask questions by themselves, explore the value system of Chinese culture itself, and rationally select values that belong to the self-assessment. In order to set a set of practical norms or guidelines in the workplace or life, regardless of whether you are a member or manager of an organization at home or abroad.
The final goal of teaching is to help students develop correct ethics and values, and train students to think independently and to have a multi-faceted analytical perspective. At the same time, we hope that students can understand what the Chinese ancestors wanted to say under the learning mode and curriculum design of “using classics”. Why did Confucianism become the most prominent school of thousands of years? Finally, we hope that after leaving the classroom, students can still comprehend the essence of Chinese classics, effectively apply Confucianism, and identify with Chinese culture and values.
1. From the lecture chapters, guide students to read, and train students to express themselves through the words and deeds of the ancients in Confucian classics, thereby enhancing students’ humanistic quality.
2. Absorb the content contained in the Confucian classics, verify and apply each other in life affairs.
3. Enhancing students’ knowledge of ancient culture.
4. Train students to appreciate articles, cultivate reading interest and thinking ability.
5. Cooperate with video teaching to increase the fun of learning.
- Week 1 Understanding Chinese Studies
- What is Guoxue?
- What problems have arisen between Chinese traditional studies and overseas Chinese studies? What kind of attitude will Guoxue use to face the world?
- Week 2 The Academic Logic and Enlightenment Education of Chinese Culture
- What is the basic structure of Chinese traditional knowledge system?
- Except for the imperial examination, what did the ancient children read? Why is it “recovered by righteousness”?
- Week 3 Understanding the Ancient Book Classification Method
- How did the catalog in the ancient books come from? How did people before the Qing Dynasty compile a bibliography?
- Why is the “General Catalogue of Siku Quanshu” important?
- Week 4 “Common Sense” of Reading Ancient Books
- Understand the function and value of the book
- The Story of “Si Ku Quan Shu”
- Week 5 Understanding the Four Books and Confucianism
- Are the “4 books” really four books? Why start with “Great Learning” when reading the four books?
- Why read “The Analects”?
- Week 6 The Analects of Analects I
- Study of the original texts of The Analects: filial piety, loyalty, benevolence
- Why is “benevolence” the core of Confucius’ thought?
- The humanistic ideal of Confucius benevolence and the meaning of life of Confucius benevolence
- Week 7 “The Analects of Confucius” II
- Study and Reading of The Analects of Analects: Confucius’ Thoughts of Governing
- Confucius’ view of heaven and Tao, Confucius’ views on religious gods
- Confucius’ methodology, why did Confucius oppose the wish of the hometown?
- Week 8 Use “The Analects” understanding
- Only young people are healthy?
- Is the “learning” that Confucius often said is the process of “imitation to enlightenment”?
- What does “Hongyi” mean? Why are people who are “resolute and stupid” more likely to be valued?
- Week 9 “Mencius” Appreciation 1
- How to read Mencius? Why is the people the means to deal with the relationship between the government and the people?
- The Ideological Basis and Basis of the Theory of “Benevolent Governance”
- Week 10 The Second Reading of “Mencius”
- The “kingdom” of convincing people with morality! Why is the benevolent invincible?
- Mencius’s Theory of Goodness of Human Nature, Mencius’s Theory of Equality of Personality
- Week 11 Read and use “The Doctrine of the Mean”
- What is “The Doctrine of the Mean”?
- What is “the destiny of nature”? What does the Chinese mean by “immortality”?
- Who can be “reckless”?
- Week 12 Reading and using “Great Learning”
- “Ming Mingde” means “respecting life”? China’s wisdom lies in “people”
- What is “stopping at the best”?
- Week 13 Self-cultivation for intellectuals
- What is self-cultivation? What are the “nine items for self-cultivation”?
- What is “Zhixin”?
- What is “qualitative”? Self-cultivation, what should we do?
- Week 14 What are you studying in the Four Books?
- What is Confucius’ educational thought? What is the purpose of Confucius’ education?
- What are the educational thoughts in “Great Learning” and “The Doctrine of the Mean”?
- Week 15 How to read the classics by yourself?
- How should the classics be read? Is it better for you to speak the Analects than to read the Analects yourself?
- Skip to read “The Analects”, and put aside where you don’t understand?
- Week 16 How to Choose Classic Books?
- What exactly is a “classic”?
- Why read traditional classics today?
- Which classics are recommended by masters of Chinese studies?
NOW FIRST TIME IN EUROPE!